Smoked salmon, leek and caper tart with almond milk filling
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 roll (400g) ready rolled puff pastry (dairy-free)
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) thyme leaves, chopped
- salt and black pepper
- 500g washed leeks
- olive oil
- 200g smoked salmon ribbons, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) chopped thyme
- a small handful of chopped parsley
- 2-3 Tbsp (30-45ml) baby capers
- 1 cup (250ml) Almond breeze Unsweetened
- 3 extra large free-range eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a deep 25cm quiche tin.
- Roll the pastry slightly thinner on a floured surface (it should about 3mm thick).
- Scatter the thyme over pastry and season with a little salt and a grinding of pepper. Roll into pastry to flavour.
- Line the quiche tin with pastry and blind bake for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and sauté the leeks over a gentle heat until they are soft and fragrant. Cool.
- Scatter the leeks over tart shell and dot over the salmon and capers. Scatter with herbs and season well.
- Whisk almond milk and eggs together until well combined.
- Carefully pour the mixture over the filling.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the filling is just set and turning golden.
- Remove and cool slightly before unmoulding and serving.
Cook’s tip: Serve with a delicious green salad of crunchy leaves and avocado.