Yield: 12 cupcakes
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened + 1 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cups cake flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 230 gr cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Full cream
- Crushed candy for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line 12 muffin pans with paper liners and set aside.
In a large bowl, whip oil and sugar together. Stir in vanilla. In a measuring cup, stir Almond Breeze and vinegar together. Set aside to curdle. In a different bowl, stir all dry ingredients together until evenly mixed. Alternate mixing in wet and dry ingredients to the batter starting and ending with dry.
Pour evenly into prepared pans and bake 12-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs after being inserted. Cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting, whip all ingredients together in a large bowl 3-5 minutes or until smooth and fluffy. Frost cupcakes and top with crushed candy, if desired.
Credit Lauren’s Latest